Thursday, April 3, 2008

Life is just crazy!

It seems like so much has happened since I last posted. It is difficult sometimes to talk about ones personal life but I think it helps to talk about it even if it is to a computer screen. Monday the 31st was a life changing day for me. I finally had my day in court for custody of my 2 kids. Originally I was going to file for full custody and I think I had a 99% chance of wining and getting custody, but there mom has shown a lot of improvements in the last year so I decided to go joint custody with her and I think that it will work out the best for the children. It has been a difficult last 2 years. The first year I was the primary caretaker of my 10 yr old daughter and 3 mo old son at the time. There mom was in there life, but not as much as I would of liked her to be. I understand that see needed the time to get better for herself and the kids. There has been so many issues with trust between us that I still think about things that have happened in the past and think that things will turn back to what they were before all this shit started. It is hard not to dwell on that stuff but I am getting better at it. Joint custody feels really weird to me now because before I always had the last decision pertaining to the kids and now, I find myself wanting to have the last decision but am learning that It is much better talking to there mom about stuff and working together for the better good. ( I would never believe that I would be saying this 2 yrs ago). I am a pretty easy going person most the time and don't let to much get to me and she is the total opposite, everything bothers her and It can get really annoying at times.
I am just glad the court stuff is over at least for now and can look forward to the future whatever that may be. I just want to be happy and content with the person that I am with and I hope that someday that will happen. In the mean time I have plenty of things to do to keep me busy, my 2 1/2 yr old son is into everything that he can get his hands on. It is fun to watch him learn stuff and to make mistakes and the looks on his face sometimes makes me so proud and happy to be his dad.

My oldest son that lives with me will be graduating here in about a month. I am really proud of him and I really ride his ass a lot sometimes but I just want him to be the best he can be. He has had his challenges as well and is being responsible, I believe that he will do well in life.

No comments: